Who is the Content Guru?

Who am I? Why is this blog here?

I am the content guru! In 2003 I found myself in one of those crossroads of life. The result is that I decided to change my profession (I was no longer interested in designing seamless underwear...) and so I started writing about everything ever since.

I have been writing web content and growing my new career along with the field of web marketing. What used to be an esoteric side kick is now a full blown market, that calls for high quality content among the many mediocre writings and digital scribbles of the masses. After 10 years of writing for others and two years of writing for the benefit of my CPU alone (the digital equivalent of a drawer), I have decided to share my experience and to start posting for myself.

Content about anything and everything is what you will find here - all written be moi! No automatic generators! So feel free to read and enjoy. and if you would like me to write up some web content for you, feel free to ask...

Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Great PR Content - My Formula and a Compliment

Its nice to be able to complement colleagues on great work. This time my compliments go to Rebecca Ehrenpreis who wrote a short blog post detailing a new website and a new invention to be found within.
Rebecca writes about a website that helps people find out their ring size. She begins with a personal story, moves on to describe the new product, quotes the company representative and provides users a convenient link to the website. All this is done within a short text and non obtrusive writing that is just a pleasure to read.

what should a great PR text include?
1 - Always keep it short and simple. Your message should stand out and be easy for your readers to find.
2 - Engage your readers so that they can sympathize with the product or service you are promoting. This can be done by telling a personal story or emphasizing a problem that you think your potential audience may have.
3 - Once you put forward the problem at hand, a problem your readers can relate to, all that remains is to offer them a solution on a platter. Describe your product or service in light of its being a solution to the problem raised earlier in the text. Keep the details basic and easy to understand.
4 - Include a short quote from a company representative that elaborates on the benefit for your audience. Putting a name and even a face to a company makes it all more personal. People like to deal with people directly. Talk about just one aspect of the product, which is the main solution relating to the problem at hand. Get your audience to be interested, they can then choose to learn more about your product.
5 - Provide an easy to access link to more information. If your audience wants to learn  more, the path they need to take in order to do so should be clear.

Rebecca used all 5 components of the above detailed formula in her short blog post.
I hope you will also find this post as a useful tool when next posting a PR text.

see Rebecca's ring size post in the link
http://www.beckysbeautytips.com/2014/01/26/an-innovation-for-measuring-your-ring-size/
More about Rebecca
beckysbeautytips.com
more about "Find my Ring size" in the link
http://findmyringsize.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment